An extension of the Master Thesis can be requested through the Infotech Office if the claim is supported by a valid reason according to the Infotech regulations:
- Medical Problems:
The original doctor's note with the doctor's signature is required (translated if not in english/german)
- Technical Problems:
Hardware related issues. The professors signature is needed
The documents will then be sent to:
- The chairman of the examination commission only in case of medical problems
- The examiner and chairman of the examination commission in case of technical problems
Requests should be submitted without delay!
If you need to withdraw from an exam exceeding the '7-days-prior' rule, you will need permission from the chairman of the examination commission.
Fill in the Examination Date / Examination Number (as listed in C@mpus), the attempt and the full name of the module/examination and you personal details including your matriculation number
To deregister from your research project the withdrawal form must be signed by the examiner/advisor of your research project and the chairman of the examination commission.
According to §5(6) Study Regulation 2019:
- An elective (Supplementary modules only!) which has not yet been passed may be changed on up to two occasions by making a declaration to the Examination Office.
- This means the student is no longer obligated to retake examinations from the previous elective in those occasions.
- This declaration can only be submitted providing the student has not yet lost the right for further examination for the Information Technology (INFOTECH) master’s degree program and has not yet passed all the examinations required to graduate. The previous module which was changed cannot be continued at a later stage.
- the CP's match between the module taken the one you wish to replace
- the examiner of the module has signed the form* (include a course description)
- ensure these things have been done before submitting the form
*Important as the chairman of the examination commission needs their 'ok' to evaluate and accept the recognition of the modules. Having to get these signatures after the form has been submitted only serves to delay the process.
Help with the form:
Where do I find 'Allocation to the Curriculum (C@mpus Nodes)'
If you cannot find a thesis topic in time you need to make a hand-written, signed request to the Chairman of the Examination Commission to assign you a Master thesis topic. In order to evaluate the situation you have to attach the document below where you list the Professors you have already contacted. Please make sure that you follow the steps as mentioned in the document. Don’t forget to add copies of the topics as they had been published by the respective institute.