This seminar/lab registration only concerns modules offered by the departement of computer science in summer 2021, as they are organized centrally one semester in advance. For Infotech the department of electrical engineering also offers seminars/labs, but they are announced on shorter notice on the institute boards/websites or on campus.
Each semester the department of Computer Science offers a variety of seminars, advanced seminars and lab courses / practical courses. Please note that students are not allowed to attend more than one course from each of the 3 offered kinds of courses.
The contents of the courses offered in the summer 2021 can be found here: https://www.f05.uni-stuttgart.de/en/cs/students/seminar-registration/.
The registration for all these courses takes place in the ILIAS repository under "Ingenieurwissenschaften" → "Informatik". There you will find the course "Informatik-Marktplatz" at the bottom of the page. In this course there is a folder named "Anmeldung zu Seminaren, Hauptseminaren & Fachpraktika / Registration for seminars, advanced seminars and lab courses" and in this folder there are 3 subfolders::
- 1 - Seminare (Bachelor) Winter 2021/22
- 2 - Hauptseminare (Master) Winter 2021/22
- 3 - Fachpraktika (Master) Winter 2021/22
These folders are open for registration. The registration will run as follows:
- You have to create a personal ranking list / chart for the type of course you are interested in (thus: one for the advanced seminars and another for the laboratory courses).
- This personal ranking list / chart (please name the list with your name) has to be uploaded in the respective folder in ILIAS (thus: in the folder "advanced seminars" or in the folder "laboratory courses", respectively). How exactly the chart has to look like will be explained ion the web page (see Link above)..
- An algorithm will calculate the best mapping of the students to the advanced seminars or laboratory courses, taking into account the individual ranking.
- The end of the registration (= the deadline for uploading the individual ranking list / chart) is on Friday, 09.07.2021 at 8 a.m.
After the registration is closed the algorithm will assign the students to the courses taking into account the individual ranking for the respective course type. You will be informed about the results of the selection process via email. Afterwards the lecturers will receive the list of participants and then get in contact with then to talk about meetings and the offered topics. Please additionally check the web pages or the pdfs of the call of each course (if available) for possible further information.
Further important information
- The exam registration has to be done by the students during the general exam registration period of the University of Stuttgart in the C@mpus system. You have to register for the advanced seminar or Lab course in your program and select the correct examiner. He / she is mentioned on the call of the course.
- A de-registration from any of the courses is only possible until the end of the exam registration period and only after informing the lecturer about it. Any later de-registrations lead to a "fail" in the course. The de-registration as to be carried out online via the C@mpus system.
Hint: there are some descriptions missing. They will be added as soon as they are available.